Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £80,000 – £100,000
In this position you will work on behalf of Cloud21 with our clients and their senior stakeholders and designated executive leads to lead on the delivery of major digital transformation programmes, such as an Electronic Patient Record (EPR). The role will require interfacing, and consulting extensively across the Trusts, and the clients health and social care partners, members of the public and other key stakeholders.
The postholder will be responsible for the management of programmes to ensure that desired programme outcomes and objectives are delivered, on behalf of the SRO and executive leads.
Strong partnership and collaborative skills will be required to ensure success in these complex programmes of work. The Programme Director will be an ambassador for Cloud21 with our clients, building and maintaining a broad portfolio of relationships across health, social care, local authority, political, private sector, and the public. Identification of risks and interdependencies will be essential.
The Programme Director will be responsible for the management of, and input to, the programme’s communication and engagement strategy while managing the relationship with the client. Engagement will have to be sought from multi-sector stakeholders, clinical teams, service managers, senior leaders and individuals from all levels of the organisations involved, as well as with the public.
You will be expected to:
- Provide executive-level leadership and transformational change management expertise.
- Ensure a robust programme and governance infrastructure is in place to deliver the vision.
- Effectively manage key stakeholders and interdependent relationships across all partners with particular emphasis on clinical and medical colleagues.
- Provide Executive-level change management expertise with specific responsibility for delivering the vision for integrated care leading on the transformation of care pathways across health systems, supporting the development and implementation of new delivery models and system integration.
- Provide effective leadership and direction, identifying and securing commitment to change and engaging and managing stakeholders in order to deliver high profile and complex transformational change.
- Work with the programme management team to ensure key processes are defined and in place.
- Create focussed and tailored communications to senior and multi-agency audiences that stimulate interest and relay complex issues in an effective and easy to understand way.
- Provide expert leadership in developing and implementing a culture of service excellence, working to embed the standards, behaviours and strategies needed to bring about lasting improvements in service delivery in all areas.
- Ensure that the correct risks and dependencies have been identified, analysed and rated and that appropriate the mitigation and activity is in place to manage them.
- Report progress to all key stakeholders, escalating issues, risks and Programme decisions as required, and to the Chief Executives/Officers where necessary.
The Programme Director will be responsible for:
- The management of any programme spend, ensuring it remains within budget and addressing any risks, escalating as per the defined programme escalation process.
- Leading, with the assistance of the relevant corporate function, all procurement exercises associated with spend required to deliver the programme outcomes.
- Develop and maintain sustainable working relationships with key stakeholders across the health and care system.
- Provide constructive challenge to senior leaders where appropriate.
- Maintain close liaison with the Chief Officers and SROs to ensure the continued alignment of strategy and sustainability plans.
- Work closely with SROs and the PMO to ensure that executable programme plans are developed.
- Provide, receive, process, summarise, interpret and effectively communicate highly complex, sensitive and contentious information where there are barriers to acceptance and resistance to change in a highly pressurised environment or where negotiating/influencing skills are required to secure agreement or cooperation.
- Engage constructively and effectively using appropriate and innovative channels and adapting styles with a wide range of internal, external and varying levels of seniority stakeholders.
- Manage highly complex professional interactions to deliver expected benefits and remedy identified underperformance issues.
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder management across different departments and at all levels. Respond to and resolve conflict between different stakeholders when this arises through facilitation or other appropriate mechanisms.
- Responsible for acting as a source of specialist knowledge, preparing briefings for senior management and external partners.
- Facilitate workshops, including large groups of staff, patient and client groups with issues that may be contentious in major change.
- Able to chair meetings and PMO sessions effectively, holding colleagues to account for delivery of successful programmes.
- Drive a strong pace of change whilst maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Coach senior leaders on the behaviours associated with delivering the robust challenge and supportive endorsement required to encourage continuous delivery and improvement of objectives.
- Represent the programme at internal and external meetings, presenting information effectively including through presentations and written reports.
Analysis and Judgement
Key elements of the Programme Director role include the ability to:
- Exercise judgement in the utilisation of gathered intelligence to provide detailed advice and problem solving to facilitate the identification of sustainability opportunities to a broad range of senior management colleagues, displaying strong specialist knowledge in the translation of highly complex and potentially contentious information.
- Critically analyse content to identify inconsistencies in the various components of the programme plans and to work with SROs and leads to ensure these are resolved without compromising on performance or ambition.
- Ensure that all required programme data is readily available to feed into business as usual processes and systems.
- Ensure that there is a clear process for identifying, prioritising and initiating new programmes and projects.
- Identify overlaps and interdependencies in the various components of the sustainability plan and to work with the SROs to ensure these are understood and dealt with effectively.
- Deliver highly complex information where people may hold strongly opposing views and where the dissemination of that information will have a reputational risk for the system and its partners.
Planning and Organising
To achieve programme deliverables and objectives the Programme Director will:
- Ensure each of the elements of the programme and project plans are consistent with the objectives of the systems strategic plans over multiple years.
- Guide the organisations in developing prioritisation processes for allocation and sequencing support resources crucial for delivery of the transformational plans.
- Balance the priorities of the system, its partners and the team and lead the process that reaches pragmatic solutions to resource challenges.
- Work with stakeholders to co-ordinate all inputs and ensure a cohesive and consistent approach to the planning process.
- Ensure that there are appropriate key performance indicators and assurance arrangements in place to support the efficient and effective management of planning and delivery.
- Ensure that a framework is in place for effective programme and project governance and assurance.
Policy and Service Development
- Responsible for developing policy and procedures to support the IT Department in the delivery and engagement of digital programmes across our clients, taking into consideration national policies and practices as well as national standards.
- Lead regular programme performance review meetings with Project Managers and provide advice, guidance and direction as and when required. Looking to identify and implement personal development plans where needed.
- Collaborate with Director of IT and Exec Director of Transformation to develop policy and governance arrangements within the department to ensure programmes fully meet the needs of the customers.
- Work with executive and clinical leads of service transformation within our clients organisations.
- Develop and manage budgets for the digital programmes including the capital and revenue allocations on behalf of our customers.
- Makes decisions of expenditure within budgets. Has expenditure sign off authority and supplier selection to deliver programmes.
- Work with the IT Director and Finance to ensure the Trusts overall capital allocation is managed correctly.
- Support the IT Director in applying, receiving and reporting on Central digital funding from NHS England.
- Significant responsibility for realising cash releasing benefits across all Trust department.
Customer Care or Patients and/or Service Users
The Programme Director is accountable for ensuring all plans, changes and outcomes have clinical support and, where possible and applicable, have been developed through continuous engagement with patients and public with the support of the trust Communications team. Local care system wide programmes are complex and the programme director must ensure a robust partnership approach to engagement and consultation is undertaken. All schemes will be assessed in detail for any risks to quality and/or highest standards of patient care.
This is a position of influence and it is important to be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skill and gravitas required to operate effectively across the system at all levels.
The range of duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative only and are intended to give a broad flavour of the range and type of duties that will be allocated.
They are subject to modification in the light of changing service demands and the development requirements of the post-holder.
If you have questions or would like to apply please contact:
Recruitment lead, Amy Noon at email@example.com.