Job Type: Full Time
Location: The Echo, Bournemouth, BH1 1BZ
The role is based in the x-tention International team but with close working to the Cloud21 team.
As part of our growth plans, x-tention International is building a new team to work on healthcare data integration, interoperability and AI. This is an exciting time to join our rapidly expanding company offering opportunities for career progression, training and the chance to shape the future of the integration product portfolio.
Operating within the Healthcare industry, our clients rely on strong and robust interfaces to exchange clinical data between their various systems, every day, 24 hours a day. As a member of our Systems Integration team, you will be required to investigate, analyse, configure and document interface configurations with a high level of detail and accuracy.
You will be familiar with following published system interface specifications to design and scope new interface requirements and produce effective documentation of interfaces. You’ll be working with colleagues from the UK and across Europe for clients around the World.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious system engineer who is looking to build on their experience and be trained to the next level across a broad range of healthcare applications.
Whilst healthcare experience would be useful it isn’t key – a willingness to learn is.
- Assist with the implementation and customisation of one or more products in our software portfolio.
- Support and improve existing installations and configurations.
- Review and document existing and to-be integration workflows.
- Understand and use provided reusable frameworks and processes to enable various interoperability streams.
- Support the implementation and configuration of integration solutions using the client-specific interoperability platforms.
- Occasional out-of-hours support.
- Be an active member of the project lifecycle, through delivery to support.
x-tention is looking for a person who is seeking an opportunity to grow and learn within a creative company, able to work in a challenging environment.
x-tention will look for the individual who has the skills and knowledge to bring about improvement in the quality of product integration processes, learn the wider product portfolio and be a valuable member of the team.
Essential skills and experience must include:
- Basic knowledge of Java backend development (core competency covering all aspects of programming, such as OO-design methodology, version control, automated testing, etc.).
- Knowledge of APIs and automated exchanging of data over the Internet.
- An understanding of data formats such as XML/XSLT, JSON, etc.
- Exposure to the use of an enterprise database technology, such as MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of Web Services (SOAP/REST).
- One year’s systems integration experience or exposure to related technologies (APIs, protocols, data exchange, etc.).
- Working experience of Windows (preferably) or Unix in a software installation and basic administration context.
- Background in the high-tech industry, with at least one year of hands-on experience in systems and preferably development experience.
- Experience working as a part of a growing, dynamic organisation, and a willingness to adapt accordingly.
Desirable skills may include:
- Some exposure to DevOps/cloud/containerisation would be a bonus.
- Any knowledge of health care and common standards (HL7v3, FHIR, CDA, DICOM, IHE, PACS, Emis/TPP, etc.).
- Some experience in delivering technology services and products in a health and NHS environment.
- Ideally, you should also have a Graduate or Postgraduate technical or science degree with final grade of 1st or 2:1, although excellent demonstrable experience will be accepted.
- At least one year of experience in system engineering.
To apply for this role or to ask questions please contact:
Recruitment lead, Amy Noon at email@example.com.